Wow! I made it to the final round of the 3 Quarks Daily Science Prize. It’s an honor to be included among these seriously talented science writers. The final winners will be announced by Sean Carroll in a week.
Here’s the list of the other finalists, who you should definitely check out. I absolutely love this reading list.
- Boing Boing: What Fukushima can teach us about coal pollution
- Quantum Diaries: Helicity, Chirality, Mass, and the Higgs
- Scientific American Guest Blog: Trayvon Martin’s Psychological Killer: Why We See Guns That Aren’t There
- The Mermaid’s Tale: Forget bipedalism. What about babyism?
- The Primate Diaries: Freedom to Riot: On the Evolution of Collective Violence
- The Trenches of Discovery: The War of the Immune Worlds
- Three-toed Sloth: In Soviet Union, Optimization Problem Solves You
- viXra blog: Higgs Boson Live Blog: Analysis of the CERN announcement
To everyone who voted, tweeted and shared my article, thanks for all the crayon love. I’m very grateful for the overwhelming show of support. The color series are by far my most popular posts, and have spurred discussion on many online forums. Needless to say, I’m delighted!